Hey guys, hadn’t made a post in awhile and I felt like I had an awesome chest workout today so I felt like it would be a good time to share. My buddy Rock decided to work out today during our lunch break, so I was pumped and ready to kill a good workout! When I do chest, I like to make sure I hit every part. When I first started lifting I never really thought there were any other exercises to to for chest other than push-ups and bench press. When I realized there were different ways to target your chest I got really concentrated on building my lower chest, and when I started to do more upper chest exercises I realized just how weak it was! Anyways I guess what I’m saying is, it’s good to hit every part of the chest evenly to build the muscle stronger as a whole. So here’s what we did as follows:
As a warmup: dumbbell bench press 20-30 reps relatively low weight.
- 3 sets to10-12 reps of said dumbbell bench press. I like these because you can get a better chest compression when pressing up vs doing bench press with a bar
- 4 sets 10-12 reps of incline bench press. (Alternatively you can do the cross-over shrug.)
- 4 sets 10-12 reps of straight bar cable chest pushdown. I like these because our bench doesn’t have much of a decline.
- 4 sets 10-12 reps of dumbbell fly’s. (One of my favorites)
- Finisher: 2 sets of 20-25 reps front chest dumbbell raise (little bit lighter weight)
So there it is, my workout to get those armor plated chest muscles. Nothing crazy, simple exercises for a great workout and finished in less than an hour, ready to get back to work. So get out there and get it done. Doo eeet, doo eeet noooow!