Hey guys, I meant to make this post last Friday but got busy. Better late than never, right?!
Today I’m going to give you a workout that contains calisthenics as well as cardio exercises. This is a modified version of what we do at the karate school I train at, so here is what I’ve dubbed the “KarateKid Workout”.
The first four exercises involve squat kicks. After each squat you do a kick, 10 kicks/squats for each leg. And I’m not talking about no sissy half squats, I mean ass to grass!
- 20 Squat front kicks
- 20 squat side kicks
- 20 squat roundhouse kicks
- 20 squat back kicks
- 10 palm push-ups
- 10 fingertip push-ups
- 10 knuckle push-ups (first two knuckles!)
- 10 burpees – 3 sets
- 100 leg lifts
- 10 handstand push-ups – 3 sets (do these against a wall if you can’t get 10 then do 5)
- 10 pull-ups – 3 sets
- 1-minute cardio bag/punching bag workout. (1 minute of non-stop punching and or kicking.)
- 1 minute rest.
- repeat #12 and 13 three more times.
That’s it! You should be pretty spent after this, you can modify this to your ability as well. Don’t push yourself too hard!